Dental Bonding in Salt Lake City
Give your smile a “face lift” with Dental Bonding
Dental Bonding is a procedure that can be used to make small, cosmetic changes to the front of a tooth. Dr. Hamblin uses bonding to repair cracks, chips and flaws in teeth or to whiten them for a gentle “face lift” as an alternative to more lengthy cosmetic procedures.
With Dental Bonding, a tooth-colored resin material is applied to the surface of a tooth and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve a person’s smile. Dental bonding can be a more affordable alternative to veneers, although porcelain veneers can provide longer-lasting results.
What conditions can Dental Bonding fix?
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered:
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
New Patient Cosmetic Consultation
The first step in any cosmetic procedure is to do a full examination of your teeth and mouth and then review with you the different options to give you a beautiful smile. Many cosmetic procedures can be done without cutting or with minimal preparation — and affordable, and yet make a tremendous difference to your smile.
Dr. Hamblin offers a special New Patient Cosmetic Consultation to evaluate your teeth and gums and shows you different ways you can improve your smile. We can take pictures of your teeth and — using cosmetic imaging software — manipulate them to show you how your smile would look using different procedures.